Family Resolution

Family Resolution

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sunburn and Hives...in January

So I supposed there are worse things that could happen in January.  Slipping on ice.  Being snowed in on a highway.  Losing power in 9 degrees. I, instead got sunburn.  On my forehead (or fivehead...like I haven't heard that joke 73 times).  And then the itching started.  Not sunburn itching but the hives itching.  

*waaaaaaahhhhhhhhh*

I didn't expect my allergic reaction to the sun to go away.  I just didn't expect it to happen in January.  #FloridaProblems #NotTryingToGloat #CasperGotProblems

And so now I go back to researching a plan my dermatologist wanted me to try a few years ago.  I refused then because 1. It's not hard to avoid the sun in NJ and 2. Not a fan of tanning beds.  But I'm going to try her slow-exposure plan, minus the tanning beds, to see if I can eventually go to the beach without long-sleeves, umbrellas and SPF 100.

We shall see...

In other weird news, I just did a recorded interview with an app on my kid's iPad.  The app is called HireVue and it's pretty awesome.  It's possible this kind of interview made me more nervous than a face to face live one.  I had 30 seconds to read a question and 3 minutes to record my answer (no do-overs).  I think I did alright, but we will see...

And just because...


THIS is how I got sunburned:

No comments:

Post a Comment