Family Resolution

Family Resolution

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

First Day of School and Other Re-lo Woes

Dropped the kidlet off to her first day of school in Florida.  As a Jersey Girl, she needed to make sure her outfit was hip without looking like she tried to hard...
Of course no buses at this "A+ School" because everyone wants to be there and therefor will have no problem driving their little princes and princesses.  So I had my first experience with "The Car Loop".  The car loop comes with many rules...2 typewritten pages to be exact.  Along with a map, 5 crossing guards to enter and a sheriff's officer to oversee.  As we pulled up we heard someone speaking over a loudspeaker.  But it was 31 degrees out (coldest day in like 7 years...go figure).  I cracked the window to hear someone's car was being towed (@#$%) and the next announcement threw both the kidlet and I for a loop:
"Students and teachers, if you see someone without the appropriate winter coat, please contact the clinic for outerwear for the student"
Oh that's right...it's Florida, these poor kids don't get a new parka around Halloween every year.  I felt horrible.  We had tons of winter coats at our old house that we eventually donated.  We only brought 1 here. 
I asked the woman opening my car door (because "the child will NOT exit the vehicle until a staff member opens the vehicle door") if they need heavy hooded sweatshirts, because we literally have dozens.  She said a few teachers had hit up a store this morning and bought a dozen coats and they should be ok.

I totally wouldn't have thought of that....

And the irony is not lost on me that since we've re-lo'ed (as the locals from somewhere else call it) we have had exactly 2 days with no monsoon and no frigid temps...10 days, 2 nice.  Well played mother nature.

Finally, we're fairly certain our furniture and things will be here Thursday...only 10 days late.  Pray everything gets here in one piece or I will be having my first contact with the Sheriff's Dept, probably getting arrested for assaulting a giant man.

No comments:

Post a Comment