Family Resolution

Family Resolution

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

This kid can run...

The kidlet had her very first Fun Run today, courtesy of the crowd at #Boosterthon.  It was pretty stinkin cute.  The setup was unlike anything I'd expected:
Between the team at the school the past week and a half, the prizes and the setup, the kids were SUPER excited for the run.  There were a few children who seemed pretty uninterested.  It reminded me of the pit I got in my stomach every time it was fit-testing time.  I wasn't overweight as a kid but was not comfortable in my skin and hated running.  I saw that in a few kids.  "Please God don't let them single me out....please just let them let me walk".  And those kids did walk, with teachers and friends holding their hands and cheering them on each lap.

These kids did 35 laps.  The race track was smaller than I imagined but worked to keep the kids motivated.  Every child I saw had 35 laps marked off on their shoulder bags by the end.  The kidlet had a great time, though sweaty and tired by the end of the 2 miles!


I was so lucky to be able to be there for her.  Maybe a dozen parents were there.  I did my best to cheer on all the kids, slap their high fives, etc without being that creepy parent (everyone knows what I mean).

Really starting to feel at home here.  Now I need to find a job...Maybe I can work with Boosterthon.  Those guys literally run around, sing and dance all day.  Jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment