Family Resolution

Family Resolution

Monday, February 17, 2014

Pompano Beach is beautiful!

This weekend my girl learned how to snorkel like a boss.  She wanted to try it so badly.  Luckily my mom and her guy had their own gear and Faith fit into her Mimi's stuff.  Frank geared up with her and next thing I knew, homegirl was cruising.  The helicopter mom in me was panicking because I knew she was out over her head without a vest (with an avid swimmer...), but she was an expert.  She saw some fish, learned all the hand-signals, learned how to dive down, come up and clear her snorkel...she was hardcore.  


 That's her and Frank in their pre-snorkel safety briefing...or he's just teaching her how to clean her mask with spit...


After a few hours of that, she remembered that she was supposed to teach me to paddleboard.  So we grabbed Mimi and 2 boards and walked a block down where you could paddle board.  For the record, those suckers are HEAVY.  

After a short lesson and me trying like hell to get past the break, I finally stood up!!  It may have only lasted about 1.8 seconds, but I got the paddle in the water, so it's official.  It was a fun little adventure but I was nearly a lobster and my flight was in a few short hours.  We grabbed dinner at JB's on the Beach, packed up the truck and dropped me at the airport.  

This flight wasn't canceled, but the airport was a flipping mess.  I was so grateful for my obsession with being on time.  The lines to check-in, drop luggage and security weaved all around the front of the airport.  Had I checked luggage, I'd have missed my flight (like about 22 other people...).  I can't complain too much, as the flight was exactly 36 minutes.  After finding my car, I was tucked in bed by 11:15pm.  

Tomorrow, I pick Faith and her Mimi up from the same flight.  Hope my girl has a great time with her Mimi and Frank!

JB's on the Beach - Yumma!
Tired and happy girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment